Friday, February 22, 2013

Blooming Lips in 5 Shades


One thing I recently realized is that lipstick can change the way you look. Whether you wear a plain looking outfit, or a bedazzled ensemble, the shade of lipstick you sport can make or break your whole look. Different shades have different appeal. So for this post, I'm gonna show you the basics of different lipstick shades and how they can affect my appeal.

Shade # 1: Strawberry Milk

Etude House Dear Darling Ultra Shine Lips #14 Strawberry Milk


This one's the lightest shade I own out of the 5, and is probably the second shade I use the most. If you look closely at my photos, you'll notice how it gives a light pink hue to my lips that doesn't necessarily look "natural", but still subtle enough to be worn on days I might wanna give focus on my eye makeup more, or when I don't want to stand out too much, like in school or in the mall. A perk for using this certain product is that it has a little bit of shine to it more than the others, so when you're feeling lazy to apply lip balm or lip gloss, you can just sport this and you're all good.



Shade # 2: Coral-Orange

Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips Talk #OR204


Judging by the shape of this product, you can probably guess that this is my number one most-used lipstick out of the 5 I have. With its coral-orange tint, wearing this makes my lips look more natural as opposed to the other shades I own. It's not too dark, it's not too light, it's just right for my skin tone. Another personal pick for me on school days or on Saturdates with my boyfriend. Plus, if you're a fan of Ulzzang makeup like I am, this is a good choice for those "no-makeup" days as well when just dabbed on the lips. 


One secret I have when I'm not satisfied with the first shade and this one alone is that I mix them together. But instead of sliding one on top of the other on my lips (which might make it look too over-the-top and like I was attacked by lipsticks), I just dab-dab-dab them on my lips, blending both shades till I'm satisfied.




Shade # 3: Pop of Pink

Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips Talk #PK003


Let's go one shade darker than the first one. Whenever I wear this shade, I always feel like it makes me look more like my age. I'm turning 21 in a few months (and I know people tell me I don't look like I'm turning 21 at all), and this shade is probably something I would sport on an anniversary or a friend's debut. Maybe even on Christmas and New Year reunions. One reason I don't use this a lot is that it makes me stand out too much. A problem I have (and I should be able to solve soon) is that I haven't learned the balance of statement clothes and lipstick. So when I try to mix and match a bold lippie with what I wanna wear, they either seem too over-the-top or loud, and I end up changing either one! Maybe when I'm older, I can finally be confident enough to wear this more often.




Shade # 4: Dinner Date Red

Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips Talk #RD304


Is it obvious I'm a huge fan of Etude House? If I wasn't dividing my allowance to shop for clothes and other stuff, I'd spend most of my money on makeup if it also wasn't too pricey. One way to select lipstick shades in Etude House is to check their product code under each lipstick. Their lipsticks are carefully listed depending on their shades. OR = orange tint, PK = pink, and RD = red. So before you head over to the cashier with your new purchase, double check the product code under the lipstick and the box and compare it with the tester you grabbed to make sure they're both the same.


Anyways, with this shade I went from "family reunion" to "dinner date". It's not completely red like Mac's Ruby Woo that seems to be super popular right now. This one still has that shade of pink to it, but definitely bolder and darker than the last shade I showed here. And yes, the darker the shade, the older I look. The more I can pass for my real age, hahaha!




Shade # 5: Red as Cherries

MAC lipstick gift from my cousin for Christmas


I have no idea what this shade is (I threw away the box and I don't remember the product code of this one), but from the looks of it, it's supposedly darker than my #RD304 from Etude House. I don't usually use this one as lipstick like the other shades since it can make me look mature (something Mom isn't a fan of me sporting). So I tend to use this for gradient lips whenever I feel like going darker. Maybe if I wore this, people wouldn't ask me for an ID if I go clubbing, har har!




I've always wanted to do that on a napkin, heehee~


All in all, I'm not really in a hurry to grow up and look mature. And the darker the lipstick shade, the more mature I end up looking like. I don't hate it, but I prefer having the more youthful appeal than a more mature one for now. I'm milking it while I still can after all. Secretly, I still find it heart-warming hearing people go all "*gasp!* You're 20??! You're seriously 20 years old?? You look 15-16!" And yeah, I enjoy seeing people look at me in disbelief and amazement after discovering my real age, hahaha! But that doesn't mean I'm not willing to try different shades of lipstick! I'm still looking for a nice nude color, a plumpy baby pink one, and a "natural looking" pink-coral one. Any lipstick shades you fancy in particular? :)



   ()()
  (.   .)o
c((')('))




10 comments:

  1. Hello Sephie, you are already on "LOOK 10", if you are interested, please check and do some comment.
    http://look10.blogspot.com.es/2013/02/strawberry-bunny.html
    +
    http://look10.blogspot.com.es/2009/10/fashion-filipinas-blogs.html
    +
    http://look10.blogspot.com.es/2012/10/look-10-fashion-blogs-all-blogs-1501.html

    Pick your prize, "AWARD", if you want. It’s for your blog.
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-PcHhabameTk/UDh9kpWA_bI/AAAAAAAAZdM/EI77mqcH_5A/s249/AWARD_LOOK10.jpg
    and, very important for you blog:
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-vbpaIWbSJv0/USdDECzJdPI/AAAAAAAAbK8/OUL-H_jIXq4/s280/1525_award.jpg

    Greetings
    Vicen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks os much Vicen! I didn't expect it to happen so fast! :D Thanks so much again! :3 ❤ I think I'll pick the first award :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for putting the award on your blog, you're very kind.
    I put your blog on my blog roll.
    Greetings from Spain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, Vicen! :D
      Much love from the Philippines ❤

      Delete
  3. The pop of pink look great on you.

    XX, IamJenniya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenniya! :D I'll try wearing it more often :)

      Delete
  4. I've been wanting to try these! Thanks for sharing!

    SarahSee. Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah! Go try them out! They're really pretty shades :"> ❤

      Delete
  5. You have a lot of lipstick~ :D And they're all so natural. ^^ I never noticed you wore lipstick, to be honest~ :)

    http://wannabeempress.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm such a sucker for natural-looking lipstick. Actually, natural-looking makeup to be exact :))) Blame the lighting! I wear lipstick naman when I take photos, but when it comes to post-processing, it looks so non-existent ╥﹏╥

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Your comments are greatly encouraged. I always love reading what you guys think. Please and thank you! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...